Saturday, September 26, 2009

Podcast of Educator Who Uses Blogs to Teach Biology

I was reading Ch. 2 Weblogs: Pedagogy and Practice in our text by Will Richardson Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms. When I got to the part where he discusses the classroom blogs of different curriculum area teachers, I went online to check those blogs out. To my delight, I discovered that the Extreme Biology blog he wrote about had a recent posting on Friday 9/25/09 about the teacher, Stacy Baker having spoken on Science Friday on NPR. The topic was Building Science Education. Is this a good example of a new pedagogy or what? I started with a text reading, moved on to a blog reading, and am now embarking on a podcast. I listened to it and found it worth the time. Stacy Baker shares how to make a subject more relevant, interesting, and teachable through the use of blogs in her classroom. Isn't that what a new pedagogy should be about?

No comments:

Post a Comment